Monday, April 28, 2008

You play, you pay.....=(

Two hours. Two little hours until I can go home and wrap up in a warm blanket and curl up on my couch. Two hours that seem like two days. I hurt all over, my head feels as big as a beach ball, my nose is stuffy, my throat is raw, and I am losing my voice. Needless to say I can't think or concentrate, yet here I am trying to make the time pass faster by doing something....

I spent Saturday in bed. By yesterday I was determined to be better. Our church took a field trip to Chicago to attend Wicker Park Grace's Jazz Vespers. I'd been looking forward to this forever, so I wasn't gonna miss it!


Before Vespers, Jen had gotten us tickets to do a brewery tour and beer tasting at Goose Island in Chicago. I do not like 312. Sorry Goose Island. I wasn't even too fond of Honkers Ale. Nut Brown Ale - possibilities.... but I just don't like beer. Actually the best one was the Russian Imperial Stout. :)





This is John Hall our guide and brew master, not to be confused with John Hall the owner....

This is the Brewery on Clybourne.

After the Brew tour we headed over to Wicker Park Grace which was fun and interesting. The music was excellent. They had a potluck after the service, but Jen has been wanting us to go to one of her favorite restaurants on Milwaukee Avenue.


So, after Vespers Jen, Karen, Katherine, Kelsey, Kim and I went over to Earwax Cafe for dinner.


Hmmmm I just realized that Jen was the only J there among all us K's. LOL. The food was good, the atmosphere funky. Kelsey had a buffalo burger, Katherine - Jerk Chicken, Karen - the black bean burger and Jen, Kim and I had the Vegi burritos.

Now today I am paying the price for playing. In my defense, I had looked forward to the outing for so long, and I was feeling better. Today I am wishing for home and couch. Grrr......

2 comments:

Charlotte Wyncoop said...

Get well soon! Sorry you're so miserable...

Julie said...

I'm sorry you feel yucky. sounds like you guys had fun though.