Monday, April 17, 2006

If you don't have anything good to say.....

I wanted to post today about my terrific weekend - Easter is usually my favorite holiday. I was all set to write an upbeat cheerful post. Nope. Sorry. Since I have very little good to say, I will just hit the highlights (lowlights?). Friday I cleaned and did laundry. Enough said. Saturday night I went to Chicago with a friend to see RENT. I had the tickets for quite awhile - before I had any info on Via Christus. So, by going to Chicago I missed the big Kick-off/Easter celebration in Yorkville. And instead of enjoying RENT my thoughts were consumed with Via Christus.... Sunday was my last day at my old church. Nothing good to say so I am moving on. I will say it was hard, and today I feel a bit like I have lost a limb.... The rest of the day I didn't do anything. Just tried to relax and get over the weekend. I am glad it's Monday. And I hope next Easter will once again be the joyous celebration I have always known it to be.

2 comments:

Kevin J Bowman said...

Finality is a good thing! I hope you are really blessed in your new community at Via Christus. I personally think Rent is a wonderful musical to watch on Easter weekend.... afterall it is a story of the kind of redemption that only love can bring!

Christine Boles said...

I agree with Kevin~ I hope you find some relief in the thought that it's ok to feel the stuff you're feeling.