Monday, February 25, 2008

I can Never get enough

....of Boston that is, and the North Shore, not snow. But apparently, as my sister so kindly pointed out, I am a snow magnet, and the snow followed me to Boston.
10 inches in 8 hours. I'm 10 minutes from Gordon, and can't get there.
Instead Sandy and I sat in Applebees for about 3 hours, and went to the theater to see Juno - I had seen it, but Sandy hadn't, and then sat in Panera for another couple hours. (All of these places were in walking distance from our hotel - so we were never in any danger, even after I had a really yummy raspberry colada...)
Hey - at least I was away from West Chicago, with a friend, having fun and making the best of a crazy situation. We did have a good time. Except I drank way too much iced tea......
Finally, Saturday we connected with Carissa, and then Sandy connected with her friends. They headed one way and I took Carissa and her friends, Dani, Erica, and K.P. to Rockport for lunch. Yummy - clam chowder and focacia bread with olive oil.
Then I was the hero. No kidding. All I did was take them to Trader Joe's. Seriously. You would have thought I handed each of them a hundred bucks. It was hilarious. After I dragged them and all their goodies outta there we went to Target, and, well - they needed swimming suits for spring break. That was interesting.....
And, finally out for calamari and other goodies at Vinnie T's before I returned them to their dorm.

Sunday, Sandy and I got to go to church with them at Community Church in East Gloucester. I enjoyed that, and I'm glad to know that Carissa is finally getting plugged in somewhere. I like the pastors (check out the staff section of their site) and I liked what I heard.

Then we headed out around the harbor, to the Atlantic shore, circled back in and went to lunch at Gloucester House. Yum. Shrimp, Clams, Calamari, Scallops......

I am sooooooooooooo thankful for this much needed break!

Anyway - the pix are below. Enjoy!


10 inches in 8 hours.....


Rockport - Bearskin Neck


Erica, Carissa, K.P. and Dani - Rockport Harbor


The girls in Rockport


Rockport Harbor


Rockport Harbor


Dani, Erica, K.P. and Carissa


Atlantic ocean off East Gloucester and yes - the water was this blue....


Atlantic ocean off East Gloucester

K.P., Carissa, and Erica - Gloucester Harbor


Gloucester Harbor, behind Gloucester House

1 comment:

Julie said...

too fun. breaks are good. I'm glad you got the chance to get away.

Kelsey was a lifesaver this weekend btw.