Monday, July 16, 2007

You can say that again.....

I believe that questions are a natural part of life, because we cannot know everything. It's strange how we've built a Christian culture where we try to have all the answers. Because God is a mystery. Isaiah says that His ways are higher than our ways. Ecclesiastes says that we can never understand all the ways of God. And yet we've built a model of religion based on performance and correct answers. I think God wants mystery in our lives. When God meets Moses in the burning bush and Moses asks Him His name, the response is "I AM THAT I AM." That's not a name. It's a sentence. God intentionally gives Moses an answer that is going to cause more questions, not less. Jesus does the same thing in the New Testament. He defines Himself with such descriptions as "I am the Door," "I am the Good Shepherd," and "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." They are all things that we must dig deeper into to understand.

-Todd


Todd Agnew

No comments: