Friday, June 01, 2007

How does my garden grow?



I am so behind. I don't have a single thing done in my yard and today is June 1st!! The biggest bummer is that I don't have any tomatoes planted. That my friends is a tragedy. A true catastrophe. Well, not really in comparison to Darfur or sex trafficking.... But to me, here in my little world, the lack of fresh, ripe, warm, summertime tomatoes.... Any other vegis I can live without, tho cucumbers would be a close second. And flowers - pshaw - if I don't have 'em, I don't have to water em. Ok, ok - I like flowers, I just am a bit flower challenged - I kill 'em all.
I guess I should bite the bullet, go to the nursery and hunt through the dregs left by all the conscientious plant buyers, ignore the pointed looks of the clerks, and bring home some half grown, but sad looking specimens. Ah, me. If it wasn't for the tomatoes I'd say screw it all. I can live for a summer with a boring yard.....
After all dandelions are cheerful and yellow right?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I just went and got all my plants this week too. Jewel still had a huge selection of heirloom tomatoes. Granted I've already managed to kill one of my hanging baskets... but hopefully I can make the food grow.