Thursday, June 21, 2007

A tooth, a trip, a tired mom.....

Well, Carissa had her tooth implant (two implants) surgery today. Now begins the recovery process. She can't bite with the temporary caps, and she can't chew with them for awhile. Then she can't bite anything hard for 3 months. That's worse than the restrictions she had with her braces. After that she will get her permanent teeth. Long haul. But it'll be worth it. She pretty much slept the day away, and a couple friends came over to watch movies with her tonight. I just sent her off to bed with her icepack and more pain meds.
Kelsey and Jen left at 3:00 am for Texas (by way of Minnesota and South Dakota....)

I talked to them around 5 or so when they rolled into Sioux Falls. The only reason Kelsey called was to taunt me with the fact that they were eating at Sonic....
Last night while we were packing up Jen's jeep we watched the Space Shuttle streak across the sky, followed by the space station. That was pretty cool.
Yep - I'm starting to ramble. Combination of tiredness, stress, concern for my kids and just sheer exhaustion. Guess I'll just head for bed.
Hope all is well in your corner of the world!

2 comments:

Julie said...

so now you have to taunt me by posting that they got to eat at Sonic...

gerbmom said...

:)