Monday, June 11, 2007

It's over except for the clean-up




Things have been totally chaotic around here lately. Insanely busy. Finally it's all over - well except for the cleanup. The grad party was fun! Lots of incredibly yummy food - thanks to Dana, and lots of good friends to share it with. But I do remember why I don't do big parties very often.... :) I think I was on my feet for 36 hours straight - well with only about 6 hours somewhere in the middle to sleep. I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller - how many muscles can you possibly use to prepare food and clean a house? It's days like this I'm glad I only have two feet - not four like the puppy. Two hurting is bad enough. Oh - and the other thing about parties? It's like, how much money can one possibly spend in one week? LOL
And in between all the prep - including carpet cleaning - we had three doctor/dentist appointments. One of which was to set up Carissa's oral surgery in 10 days. But I digress.
Exhausted as I am, the party was a great celebration of Rachelle and Carissa's accomplishments, and a good time for us adult friends to get together and talk - which we never seem to find time to do otherwise. Now it's the morning after - Jenn and Chris are off to work, Kels, Carissa and Jess are sleeping, and I am trying to work up the energy to walk into the kitchen and start washing the mountain of dishes......
Anyway, that's where I've been all week.........


cutting the cake.....


The "Shrine" according to Carissa.....


Carissa and her dad, with Emma


Dana's yummy food - round one. Sandwiches still to come.....


Dana, Jen and Kelsey taste testing the daiquiris - virgin of course....



Jess and Carissa (and Cairo) the morning after.....

No comments: