Thursday, April 26, 2007

It only takes a spark

Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being. Each of us owes the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light.

Albert Schweitzer


I owe a big thank you to several of you guys. I think you know who you are. Never underestimate the power of encouragement, friendship, or simple conversation. You never know when a random act of kindness, or a conversation in passing will reignite that flame. To say nothing of mentoring, guiding, and just taking the time to invest in the life of another. I hope I can be as encouraging and used to renew and nurture that flickering flame in the lives of others.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This reminds me of a song we used to sing around a campfire at church camp:
It only takes a spark
to get a fire going
and then all those around
will warm up to its glowing

that's how it is with God's love
once you've experienced Him
You want to see
it's fresh like spring
and you want...to pass...it on

and so on.

just thought I'd share because I've been putting some thought into accapella music lately.

good seeing ya tonight, still wondering about my place in vision team. see you Sunday