Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"What do you mean he don't eat no meat?"

"Dolmades are delicate parcels made from grape leaves (also known as vine leaves) stuffed with long-grain rice, toasted pine nuts, fresh herbs and seasonings. Dolmades can be served as part of a meze platter or salad plate, eaten as finger food or simply enjoyed as a tasty snack."




Yum, Yum, Yum. I love Dolmades. And I got to have them last week while we were in Florida. Every time we go to Tampa we drive to Tarpon Springs to eat at Mr. Souvlaki's. It wouldn't be a vacation without it. They have the most heavenly and authentic Greek food on the planet. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's soooooooooo good.

We can never decide on just one thing. No, we order way too much and cart it all home with us in doggy bags to enjoy later. Their Feta plate is a given. We always get it. Always. (2 huge slices/hunks of Feta smothered under Kalamata Olives, chick peas, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Beats and Anchovies.) We often order their Calamari. We always order a separate side of Tzatziki.
YUM! What to choose, what to choose - Gyros, souvlaki, greek meat loaf, pastitsio? Flaming cheese? Greek chowmein? Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie)? I finally just got the souvlaki. Instead of my usual Gyros. In addition to the feta plate and the dolmades of course. The chicken was so tender and juicy....

Ya know, my stomach is growling just thinking about all that food. Somehow today's PB&J sandwich just isn't gonna do it for me..... I'm hungry for Greek. Anybody?


Maria Portokalos: Ian, are you hungry?

Ian Miller: Uh no, I already ate.

Maria Portokalos: Okay, I make you something.

No comments: