Saturday, January 21, 2006

Best dressed? ...and the winner is....



This is what the sky outside my window looks like this morning. It makes me smile! The sun is bright and sparkles off the limbs of every tree, and everything is fresh and clean and quiet. The trees are dressed in their finest winter attire and here and there a bird calls gently. I know soon I will here the thrum of the neighbor's snowblower and the scrape of many shovels. But for now, in the silence it is peaceful and the presence of God is near. What a wonderful gift on an otherwise routine Saturday morning....

2 comments:

kingsjoy said...

Well-dressed, indeed! Thanks for sharing your morning.

Anne said...

Hey, I was under that same sky! After a snowfall late last night, we had a glorious, sunny, radiant, cloud-free, blue skies day. Don't you love that early morning peacefulness when the world is still quiet and half asleep.