Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Siren song

Lately I have just had the strangest desire to take a road trip. To get outta here, and on the road - I don't even care where. No agenda, no deadlines, no responsibility, no destination. Anywhere where I can feel free. Where I can find space and time to just be. Where I know no one, and no one knows me. Water would be good - lake, river, ocean... but it doesn't really matter. Just to take a road to see where it goes. To go north, or south, or east or west, or right or left, just because I feel like it, and not because I am directed to do so. To feel the breeze, see the sun, even soak in the rain. To travel late at night when everyone is asleep. Empty roads, peaceful, soothing darkness, room to think. I know it's not the norm, but it's calling me quite insistently. I need a road trip. Anyone wanna join me?

2 comments:

Christine Boles said...

I'm making long-range plans for a day trip next year, and another retreat. Sounds to me like you're being Pulled by God to meet Him out there on the open road.

If you do feel the Pull to go on a road trip, I encourage you to let God lead you where He may- you'll learn about the magnificent side of life! I know I did.

gerbmom said...

Thanks Christine.