Thursday, May 12, 2005

I am so feeling my age today. It's rainy and I'm depressed and teary. Why, I'm not sure, but hey it's there. In some ways I would never trade where I am in my life right now, but there's a part of me that would love to be young again. Do overs. Maybe get it right this time. When I see wasted time, and wasted life it's pretty depressing. If only I knew then what I knew now...
Second chances - would I in reality do anything differently? Or just screw up again? Maybe I don't really want a second chance, maybe I just appreciate where our young adults are today, how they think and relate to each other. Openness and vulnerability, and a whole new world of opportunities before them. Energy and possibility. If you are one of them, enjoy every minute, and make the most of your time. Don't get to where I am and lament your choices, tho I guess if I changed even one of them I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today...

No comments: