Sunday, May 29, 2005

addiction

I tried - I really tried. But the books are sitting across the room stacked twenty high beckoning me, seducing me with their thoughts, insights, and ideas. Ink and paper - that mere words could cause such a desire, such longing is amazing! Always suggesting, teaching, stimulating intellectual curiosity. New concepts, challenges, philosophy, theology, information - a siren song to learning.
No! Stop looking! I need a break! Time to process all the ideas, radical sometimes, that I have been confronted with in recent days. Consuming them frantically I have become overfed. I need to digest what I have been given.
Accusingly, they stare back at me - why are you abandoning us? The lure of learning something fresh is too strong. It's a cruel addiction!

No comments: