Saturday, August 09, 2008

Simply being me......


You've got to love me
For what I am
For simply being me
Don't love me
For what you intend
Or hope that I will be

carpenters


One thing, among many, that I liked about our church was you could come as you were. No matter what you were wearing or how you felt. You could always, unconditionally be yourself. I think that is the hardest part about looking for a new community. The games. The worry about whether you will be accepted. Conforming.

Tomorrow my friends are having a party. And I worry about what to wear. Stupid. They love me. I will just show up as I am. If other people judge me, so be it. This is me. I am not in rags. I am not unclean. I may not be what you expect - but I can't always live up to others expectations. Besides - I will have just helped some dear friends pack the truck for their move to Texas.

I am good enough. The way I am. So, go ahead and judge me if you want to, but I am old enough to do what I want, and to be comfortable as I am.

Now, if I could just remember that.......

No comments: