Friday, July 15, 2005

Breathing is involuntary....

Seems like my life is just full of revelations this week. This one is pretty funny tho at first glance, then it's pretty cool. I realized that everytime I walk into the bathroom I start praying. And that made me laugh. And I started thinking about it, and realized that it's because it's the one place in the house I am truly alone, and I have used it as a refuge at times. Last fall I had a lot going on and I would go get a bath, and just sit and try to relax, and it was the perfect time to just open my heart to God. Now it's such a habit I do it whenever I just walk through the bathroom door.....
And then I realized I do the same thing in the car....hmmmmm. I used to drop my daughter off at youth group, and because of all those same things going on I would use the 10 - 15 minute drive home to pray. Well, more accurately to yell, rant, complain, argue, have a temper tantrum - all out loud - the way I couldn't anywhere else. So, I noticed the other day whenever I get in the car alone I'm praying....way cool! And I thought some more and I realized I do it everytime I go into my bedroom - I caught myself doing it the other day... Whoa. And I do it everytime I head out on the Prairie Path to walk, and I'm astounded! It has become such a habit that I do it as easily as breathing. That's the cool part. And not only do I talk, I find myself listening. And that is even cooler.

No comments: