Wednesday, December 03, 2008

shaking the snow globe


It's dark in my house as I curl up in a chair by the window. Outside I can see the neighbor's Christmas lights winking merrily. Joyfully. It's Christmas!

It's the best time of year! People tend to be more giving, more accepting. Friendlier. Forgiving. Excitement, joy and good cheer abound.

Good will toward men.
Most of the time.

Blink, Blink. The angel's wings glitter, the train's wheels appear to turn. The twinkling star on the neighbor's roof shines across the snowy yard.

Fear not, behold I bring you good tidings of great joy. Which shall be to all people. ALL People. Not just those who look like me, sound like me or think like me. ALL people.

Blue lights chase one another across the edge of the neighbor's roof. Peace on earth. Silent night. All is calm.

The house is cold. No candles glow. No cookies are made. The tree is bare.
I'm tired.

Christmas music from the other room floats at the edge of my consciousness. Harmonic, joyful, pleasant, inane.

The clock ticks. The sky is clear. The stars twinkle.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

It came upon the midnight clear.....

The furnace hums, the dog stretches. The snow family next door are all wearing sparkling red scarves.

All I want for Christmas.....

Peace, forgiveness, love, restoration.

The clock chimes. The wind whispers.

Sleep in heavenly peace.

But I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

And miles to go before I sleep.

1 comment:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Thank you for the reminder; ALL people!!! Yes, Christmas is for His peace to shine through us!

Okay, I gotta get my decorations out!!!