Monday, December 10, 2007

No More......

This has got to stop. No more. The thing that makes this one so scary is it happened at a church. I used to have nightmares as a teenager about gunmen coming into my church and randomly shooting and killing people. Little did I know it would happen someday. I don't want to live in a world like this.
Is no place sacred? Is no place safe? If we have crossed the line of accepted sanctuary there is nothing left.
And to kill innocent people as well, that are giving of themselves to make the world a better place....
How can we stop it? Shooting people is not the way to resolve differences, gain notoriety, avenge bullying. The world is not a safe place, I know that. But schools, and churches and shopping malls?
At a time of year known for peace and good will?
My heart hurts.
And I am afraid for my children.....
and children every where.

No comments: