Friday, June 02, 2006

Finally!

Woo Hoo! School is finally out for the summer. It has been a long time coming, although it seems like just yesterday I was whining about having to set up those 25 computers......
It was a long year, and not with out difficulties and issues. I am soooooooooo glad it's over. I just need to look at it as a learning year. Lots of changes - and most of them, while painful, ended up being good.
So, now it's summer. And I have so much I want to do. Reading especially. And I'd really like to paint our bedroom - it's the only room in the house that hasn't been painted since we moved in here 6 years ago. I'd like to do some projects with our church too. And I just gave in and got a subscription to Netflix so I can watch all the foreign/indie movies I can't find at our video store....
And really, I'd just like to sit and do nothing. Some of that "Wasting time with God." We went on a church retreat last weekend. It was awesome. I haven't blogged about it because I am still processing it. So much to think about. Many things I am holding close to my heart because I don't feel like talking about them. Let's just say it was relaxing, healing, and emotionally exhausting - all at the same time. I just can't put words to it, nor do I even really want to try right now. It's my joy that I just don't want to share or cheapen by trying to describe it. And I find I don't have the words anyway. Whatever. That was rambling. Probably why I'm making my thoughts on the subject off limits for now.
So, now, full force ahead into summer. Wide open with possibilities.... I just don't wanna get to September and say where did the summer go?, and just what did I do with the time anyway? I want to relax, but not waste any of the precious time.
Oooh - it's thundering! A storm is blowing in. I can smell the rain. Think I'll go watch the storm.....

No comments: