Tuesday, August 16, 2005

School starts Monday...

Where did the summer go? Better question - how did I make use of my time? I intended to really get some work done around this house (that always slides during the school year), to work in the yard, and to get some quality reading done. Well I didn't accomplish any of the above. Between being a chauffeur, taking a vacation (better word is trip), the heat and drought (which only effected the outside work), a new puppy, out of town guests and other assorted distractions I barely had time to sit down. I am sad that it is over. I am frustrated by my lack of accomplishment. And I am just plain tired. Not a good way to begin a new school year. But begin I will come Monday. First up? Setting up 25 new computers (they are still in the box) in my computer lab, and hand-holding 20 teachers as they discover the district went to a new operating system over the summer and they (the teachers) have to re-setup and/or update everything on their classroom computers including their e-mail.....
So here's a pretty accurate breakdown of my first few days of school: Get up early. Show up for work. Put on my armor. Answer the same question 20 times or more. Listen to complaints - valid and those perceived as such. Take a deep breath (hoping not to hyperventilate from repetition). Count to 10 (many times....). Smile. Lock the door to my room. Bang head on wall. Come home. Collapse. Make dinner. Fall asleep with a book in my hands.
Repeat daily...... :D

1 comment:

Tammy said...

have been involved in that OOZE discussion about how teachers are resistant to computers? i think it's in anne's thread about being over 50 on the ooze. your story fits right in there!