Monday, April 18, 2005

Why now

So why did this change come about in my life now? Not sure. But I think probably because I was ready. Entering this school year I had a different attitude, a feeling of a need to be more like Jesus. To be willing to live differently. To interact with others is a different way. To be more accepting and loving. Then all the stuff with Shine ( my daughter's youth group) happened, and it propelled me on a journey I had been being prepared for, although I didn't know it at the time. It really resonated with where I was in my life, and what I needed to really shake up and save my faith. I'm just sorry my need and my resulting awakening, though not caused by me, was at some one else's expense. But had it not been for that I would not be where I am today. Now I find myself in astonishing places that I never thought I'd be in, never even entertained thoughts of being in. Wow!

No comments: