Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nice Girls Don't Change the World


As I was cleaning off my coffee table on Saturday I unearthed a book that I had purchased last summer, intending to read it right away. Somehow it got away from me and became buried in the busy-ness of life.

And there it was on Saturday looking me in the face. And so I cracked it open and started reading. And didn't put it down until I finished. Granted, it wasn't a long or difficult book. But it grabbed my attention and held me in it's grip.

It was my story. Really. And here I thought I was alone in the way I felt..... or I did until recently when I realized others had undergone the same experience I had. And here, Lynne Hybels, wife of Willow Creek Senior pastor, Bill Hybels, was writing the very things I had gone through.

I don't want to give away the entire book - since it is so short, but in essence she speaks to the women we have been raised to be, the God we think we know, and the faith we have been raised to follow.....

If you get a chance, pick up this little gem and give it a read. Let me know if you relate, and what you think.....

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

i've wanted to read this! I'm gonna try to find a copy. Thanks for the reminder...