Thursday, March 22, 2007

I can't wait for Spring Break....

Woo-Hoo! My copy of
Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith
Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
came yesterday. I am soooooooooo excited. It's sitting on my dresser just daring me to pick it up. It's all I can do to leave it there until my trip to Florida. I can't wait to see what she has to say this time around.
In the meantime I will be content with Sue Monk Kidd's
When the Heart Waits: Spiritual Direction for Life's Sacred Questions (Plus)
When the Heart Waits: Spiritual Direction for Life's Sacred Questions
I wish I had found this book two years ago when I was struggling with many of the things she is talking about. Actually, I had it a year ago, but it got lost in the pile on my dresser. I really have to stop stockpiling books. It just adds to my stress cuz I wanna read them all at once. The Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman's Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine is in that pile. As is Streams of Living Water: Celebrating the Great Traditions of Christian Faith by Richard J. Foster. And a myriad of others. I need about a year, and an isolated cottage at the beach to get 'em all read. And then, I need someone to talk to and bounce what I'm learning/feeling off of. And of course, who has the patience for that? Even my closest friends don't have that kind of fortitude!

Still processing stuff from this weekend. And I think it will be ongoing until I really get a good chunk of time to myself to do so. And right now that seems impossible. Every night for a week I have had something I have to do. Three separate high school concerts added to the busy-ness. (Band, Orchestra and Choir) Meetings take time too. I missed one on Monday. I just couldn't bring myself to do one more thing. That night I fell asleep at 6:30. We were not meant to be this busy. Calgon - take me away!

1 comment:

Dsrtrosy said...

I DO check the comments on my blog--and I'm glad that, even though I wanted the women from the conference to support me on my new community blog, the old one is the one Julie posted. I probably need to keep it up as well.

I really understand the imposed break, being an introvert, having confusion over the transitions we all seem to be going through right now. I'm really struggling with the issue of having a call to "worship ministry" which I have always interpreted as meaning "music"--and now finding that God's idea of worship is much bigger than that!

Peace for the journey! It's a joy to know you! --Sarah--