Tuesday, August 08, 2017

The Roanoke Girls


Lane was one of the rich and beautiful Roanoke girls. But was it worth it?   
     This book was different than I expected. I guess I liked it ok, but it dealt with a topic not usually written about as a plot point for a novel.The characters made me mad at them for their ignorance, but I guess that goes back to the way they were raised, as victims of circumstance.
    The book moved along a bit slower than anticipated, but did deal with all characters in flashbacks. I thought as I read that the ending was obvious. I will say one aspect was and the other wasn't. I was a bit surprised by the final twist. Although it wasn't much of one. Just not where I expected it to go.

       Let's just say I'm thankful to not be a Roanoke girl!


More Information




I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Mrs. Gerbmom. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, india. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about you and your family and interest, through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with s agreat contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would l ove to have your grown up kids to come to Mumbai with their other friends from the Church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. God willing I will be coming to the States next summer of 2018 and will be so glad to stop by your place and meet you and also if there is opportunity in your church to share about the ministry I will be so glad to avail the opportunity. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.