Thursday, September 18, 2008

Justice matters......

OK - time to get my focus off me, and get my head back in the game. Tomorrow night I have decided to go to to the ART*MUSIC*JUSTICE TOUR concert here in town.

"The tour is a unique concert opportunity to “add to the beauty, seek justice and give God praise,” desiring to further educate the church on God's heart for justice, gain advocates for the oppressed, and show evidence of a God at work in this world."

I am excited to go and hear the stories these artists have to tell, "stories of God's people in action and their heroic experiences across the globe", including "Incredible stories of rescue from the International Justice Mission."

Plus, I would pretty much go anywhere to hear Derek Webb, even if it's just a couple songs.... :)

I want to get back to being challenged, to having a heart for the poor and oppressed and to remember why justice matters. I want to see with Christ's eyes and feel with his heart. I want the passion to re-ignite.

I want to relax, listen to the music, recenter my heart and leave changed. It probably won't be a feel good night, but that's ok. Maybe a good thing.

Everyone I know is busy tomorrow night. Even my daughter. Because it matters so much I decided to just go by myself. Today my friend told me she and her husband can go and would meet me there. Nice.

As Sara says: "God is mighty to save and is actively rescuing the oppressed through His people,” ...“ Scripture references to the 'slave, the poor, the oppressed' are not figurative. There are 27 million people enslaved today, after more than in 400 years of trans-Atlantic slavery. God is calling us to respond. All of us on this tour want to convey, it is not a burden to help, it is an adventure. We’re excited to get out there and share what God is doing!"


Give me your eyes for just one second,
Give me your eyes so I can see,
Everything that I keep missing,
Give me your love for humanity.
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten.
Give me Your eyes so I can see.

Brandon Heath

No comments: